søndag 10. april 2011

Reisebrev, 4 april

The bus ride from Wisconsin to Minnesota was interesting.

I saw amish people, I saw people who have spent their whole life just an hour away from amish villages and didn't know that amish people existed.

I felt trapped in Sister Act.
People were super friendly and everyone were best friends. My favourite conversation from the bus ride went like this:

Ms. x: Say whaat, you're from Europe?? Why do you live there????

Me: Well, I was born there

Ms. X: But.. Why dont you live in America!?

Me: I grew up in Europe, so.. And I kind of like it there

She couldnt believe what she was hearing, the conversation ended in a speech why everyone in the world want to go to America because of the chances and possibilities,
she even recommended I should pay someone to marry me so that I could get a citizenship.

And yeah, she believed that Europe was some country in Africa.

But the best part was that she was so friendly and positive that I ignored her ignorance, and enjoyed beeing a part of this for 5 short hours.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar